Welcome to My Blog

Let's talk about quilting and if you happen to be bi-lingual [you both quilt and knit] we can chat about about them both!

T-Shirt Quilt and Crochet Rug


A few years ago i had the opportunity  to make a few t-shirt quilts for a guy I worked with.  He had been in Boy Scouts for many years and had a collection of t-shirts from a lot of jamborees he had participated in. 

I made a template that incorporated the design and made a uniform size [there are clear grid templates that make this easier]. I trimmed each down. Used iron on interfacing to give each a stability to keep them from stretching out. 

I surged them all together.  Used a dark green fabric [boy scout color] as the backing and binder.   

                  
With the left over material I cut into 1/2" to 1" strips and made "yarn" balls.  I joined the pieces randomly, crocheted them into a circle using a large hook.  

This is the sweet little rug i produced. Approximately a 36 inch circle.

Haven't decided where to use it or gift it to yet. 

No comments: