Welcome to My Blog

Let's talk about quilting and if you happen to be bi-lingual [you both quilt and knit] we can chat about about them both!

Columbus Area Quilt Adventure


On Thursday June 8th, my friend Kay and I went on a quilt adventure in the Columbus, Ohio area. We try to go to another city or state when we can but today we stayed local and had just as much fun.                                                                                      We started the day at Quilt Beginnings.                 Always a great place for new fabric combos, ideas and inspiring samples.  The staff is very friendly and helpful.
  

Then we headed to another one of our favorite places,
  Sew To Speak. Which has an assortment of quilting, sewing and knitting supplies.  Eclectic fabrics and patterns. Friendly and helpful staff combined with wonderful samples.  They always have something new that I can't leave without.
I purchase a linen piece to coordinate with a few linen items I had acquired on a few previous trips. The gray with light dots I got at  Sew To Speak, the gray cats on the black background I got when we went to Pittsburgh to the Knit and Crochet Festival in March from a vendor at the  show.  There were actually quite a few quilt vendors which was great as Kay and I love both knitting and quilting.  The rolled piece of red hearts on the tan background I purchased in Chester England last year at Liberty Bell

I would really like to incorporate the three fabrics together into a clutch or a bag of some sorts.


After all our shopping it was time for lunch and an adult beverage at The Whitney House in Worthington
Then we finished off our day at the Red Rooster Quilts 














Where we each bought a 5" charm pack of Poppy Mae by moda.











No comments: